Friday, September 19, 2014

Top 60 Secular Songs for Non-Religious Funerals or Memorials

Searching for secular songs to play at a non-religious funeral or memorial? Choosing the right music after the death of a loved one can be a difficult and overwhelming task, and one that no one is ever ready for. If you don’t want to be overloaded with hymns or heaven-themed songs and simply want to express loss, grief, love, nostalgia, goodbyes or a celebration of a loved one’s life, here are your top 60 secular songs for non-religious funerals or memorials:

“You’ll Be In My Heart” – Phil Collins
“Fields of Gold” – Sting
“What a Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong
Dance with My Father” – Luther Vandross
“Here Without You” – 3 Doors Down
Unforgettable” – Nat King Cole
Probably Wouldn’t Be This Way” – LeAnn Rimes
“In My Life” – The Beatles
One More Day” – Diamond Rio
Time in a Bottle” – Jim Croce
Dust in the Wind” – Kansas
“My Way” – Frank Sinatra
So Far Away” – Carole King
“I Won’t Let Go” – Rascal Flatts
“How Do I Live Without You” – Trisha Yearwood
How Am I Supposed to Live Without You” – Michael Bolton
“If I Die Young” – The Band Perry
Baby Mine” – Bette Midler
“Best I Ever Had” – Gary Allan
“The Dance” – Garth Brooks
“If Tomorrow Never Comes” – Garth Brooks
Somewhere Over the Rainbow” – Judy Garland
“I Will Always Love You” – Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton
End of the Line” – Traveling Wilburys
“My Heart Will Go On” – Celine Dion
We’ll Meet Again” – Vera Lynn
“I’ll Be Seeing You” – Billie Holiday or Jimmy Durante
Hero” – Mariah Carey
“I Will Remember You” – Sarah McLachlan
Imagine” – John Lennon
“Goodbye, My Lover” – James Blunt
“My Wish” – Rascal Flatts
“Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” – Green Day
Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)” – Billy Joel
 “Because You Loved Me” – Celine Dion
“Candle in the Wind” – Elton John
Circle of Life” – Elton John
“Beyond the Sea” – Bobby Darin
“Have I Told You Lately” – Rod Stewart
“I’ll Be Missing You” – P. Diddy
“Like Like You Were Dying” – Tim McGraw
“See You Again” – Carrie Underwood
“Close to You” – the Carpenters
“Softly as I Leave You” – Elvis Presley
“You Are the Sunshine of My Life” – Stevie Wonder
You’re the Inspiration” – Chicago
How Do I Say Goodbye to Yesterday” – Boyz II Men
“Bridge Over Troubled Water” – Simon & Garfunkel
Yesterday” – The Beatles
 “Beautiful Day” – U2
“There You’ll Be” – Faith Hill
“What Hurts the Most” – Rascal Flatts
“Who You’d Be Today” – Kenny Chesney
“Wind Beneath My Wings” – Bette Midler
“Life Without You” – Stevie Ray Vaughn
 “The Good Stuff” – Kenny Chesney
“Love of My Life” – Carly Simon
“If I Had Only Known” – Reba McEntire
“A Lot of Things Different” – Kenny Chesney
“Song for Dad” – Keith Urban


Know of any other non-religious songs perfect for secular funerals and memorial services? Leave your suggestions in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment